PLEXTOR warrants your PLEXTOR Refurbished CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW and DVD R/RW drives against any defect in material and workmanship, under normal use, for a period of ninety (90) days following its date of purchase.
For warranty validation, a proof of purchase must be provided.
In the event a product is found to be defective within the warranty period, PLEXTOR will, at its option, repair or replace the defective unit with the same (or newer) model.
This warranty is void if:
- The device is operated or stored under abnormal use and maintenance conditions.
- The unit is repaired, modified or altered, unless such repair, modification or alteration is expressly authorized by PLEXTOR in writing.
- The unit is subject to physical damage, abuse, neglect, lighting strike, electrical fault, improper packaging, or accident.
- The unit is installed improperly.
- The serial number of the unit is defaced or missing.
PLEXTOR will not, under any circumstances, be liable for direct, special or consequential damages such as, but not limited to, damage or loss of property or equipment, loss of profits or revenues, cost of replacement goods, expense or inconvenience caused by service interruptions. Under no circumstances will any person be entitled to any sum greater than the purchase price paid for the unit.
All PLEXTOR products returned to PLEXTOR must be securely packaged and shipped postage prepaid. All product returns must be authorized in advance by PLEXTOR's RMA Department. Authorization is confirmed by issuance of an RMA number, which must be written prominently on the outside of the box in which the defective unit is returned to PLEXTOR.