Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Plextor SSDs sent back to receive a replacement, or repair during the product's warranty period, requiring a pre-approved Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
Please note the following before requesting an RMA:
- A product must be within its warranty period to apply for RMA services.
- At its sole discretion, PLEXTOR will provide with either repair or replacement service.
- The original warranty period applies to the product repair or replacement, and it will not be extended.
It is suggested that you first contact the PLEXTOR Customer Service Center in order to quickly solve problems, or refer to the FAQ to perform simple troubleshooting before applying.
Requesting an RMA
There are two ways provided for PLEXTOR SSD users to apply the RMA
(However, non-SSD category products, you need to contact the original purchase dealer to help you apply for an RMA.)
1. Online RMA Application
Request an RMA online please go to PLEXTOR RMA Service Center
After completing the online application, you will receive a "shipping label" with RMA number barcode on it. Please remember to print the "shipping label", and paste it on the outside of returned package, and then send it to the designated PLEXTOR SSD RMA Center with registered or express mail.
2. Contact the Dealer
Contact the dealer from whom you originally purchased the product. Please provide the following information:
- your name, address, contact telephone numbers, and e-mail address
- proof of purchase of the product; if you have lost the proof of purchase, the warranty period will be determined on the basis of the manufacture date of the product
- product model and serial numbers
- description and explanation of the malfunction or problem
Packaging & Delivery
Defective products must be placed in an appropriate packaging, and sent to the designated servicing location of PLEXTOR.
Do Not Enclose Accessories
Do not send any accessories (printed box, CD/DVD, user's manual, etc.) along with the defective product, PLEXTOR will not be responsible for their safekeeping or for mailing them back.
Must Have an RMA Number
The "RMA Number" must be clearly indicated on the outside of the returned package. PLEXTOR will refuse the package without an RMA number, and ship it back freight collect.
Proof of Purchase
A copy of dated store receipt or invoice with qualifying purchase circled must be enclosed in the package.
Customers must select a shipping company that can provide proof of delivery (such as home delivery, express mail or registered mail), and are responsible for all the shipping costs, shipping damages and risk of loss during the transportation, unless there is proof the product was lost after arriving at PLEXTOR.
Warranty Does Not Cover
Replacement or repair will not be provided if the situation occur as below:
- The fake or counterfeit products.
- The serial number on the product does not match or is damaged or unclear.
- Non-functional damages such as damaged, removed or reapplied product labels or warranty stickers which make it unable to be identified positively as a PLEXTOR product.
- Products were damaged due to accidents such as damaged/missing warranty sticker, improper use, improper operating environment, wear and tear, non-natural or man-made damages, or any unauthorized dismantling, fixing and replacing of the product.
- The damage is severe, such as ruptured/burnt/damaged PCB, burnt connector/horizontal scratches, lost/damaged/dropped/burnt internal components.
- Any man-made damage such as deformed casing, malicious operations, damage due to virus attack or adverse operating environment, etc.
- PLEXTOR only provides product warranty services; the warranty coverage does not include third-party software, connected equipment, or saved data.
- Customers must save and backup their own data, PLEXTOR will not reserve the existing data within the defective product.
If you have any question, please contact PLEXTOR Customer Service Center.